April 18, 2016
SXSW Interactive 2016 provided many opportunities to learn about medical and technology innovation related to aging. It was an adventure that left us feeling hopeful about the future of aging.
Panels and presenters discussed:
- “Personal assistants” that include Apple’s Siri and “smart devices” such as Amazon’s Alexa (Echo) that make everything you need “just a conversation away”
- Easier access to healthcare through telemedicine
- A “smart” grocery cart that drives itself and helps shoppers make healthier food choices at the grocery store
- A “pharmacy of the future” that manages prescription refills, deliveries, doctor approvals, and packaging into patients’ daily doses
- A debit card with special security features to prevent fraud against seniors