55+ in ATX Job Fair Series
AustinUP is hosting a series of free job fairs in 2017 to match available job opportunities with workers who are 55 and older. Our final event of the year is coming up on November 9, 10 a.m. – 12 noon, at Atria at the Arboretum, 9306 Great Hills Trail, Austin, TX 78759.
Exhibitors will include employers looking for talented full- and part-time workers or contractors. Attendees will include older adults eager to talk to potential employers, as well as knowledgeable speakers who will give presentations during the event.
Attendees and exhibitors, see links below.
|Location||Date||RSVP to Attend||RSVP to Exhibit|
|Atria at the Arboretum||November 9||goo.gl/vMBxni||goo.gl/AwIjS8|
“Our home care business has had significant success finding qualified job applicants at the Austin Up 55+ Job Fairs. James came to us with experience in the ministry and past work as a caregiver. He decided to return to professional caregiving in the home in addition to his ministry work. Olga starting working with us after being a caregiver for her mother and retiring from a long career at IRS. The Austin Up 55+ Job Fair helps us find wonderful employees and allows the job seekers an opportunity to explore new career paths.”
Emmie Knox and Louis LeSassier, Owners
Assisting Hands of West Austin
Past speakers and presentations:
- Chip Sampson, Employment Consultant
Align Your Résumé With Your Ideal Job
- Antoinette Griffin, Owner, Griff Development
Interviewing With Confidence
- Mo Oduwole, Recruiting Department, Peak Performers
Résumé Do’s and Don’ts
- Candace Carver, Community Outreach Coordinator, Dress for Success Austin
Dress for Success
- Kathy Lansford, Founder and President of the Launch Pad Job Club
“Geezer Bias”: How to Overcome Age Discrimination During an Interview
- Craig Foster, Founder and Executive Director of the Job Seekers Network
LinkedIn: How to Find Jobs and Be Found
- SCORE volunteers Laura Fowler and Jim Grimsley
Boomers Starting a Business
- Marc Miller, Founder of Career Pivot
Social Disruption – How the Job Search has Changed
- Lynne Milburn, Career Counselor and former director of UT’s Career Center
Back to Your Future: Accessing Your Right Brain to Help You Create a More Meaningful Career
- To help us plan, we would like to hear about your job-related needs. Please take a few minutes to complete our brief survey. Thanks in advance for your help!